Tuesday, August 12, 2008

2, 4, 6, 9, I Have to Have NHL '09!

Sorry about the title. My creativity is currently paralyzed because of the miraculous news I just read on ign.com. Here's the article, and below is the video describing the new feature to the game. In the words of Christopher Mintz-Plasse, "I have a boner."



Some highlights of the video:

-A black guy with an Edmonton jersey named Bill Cosby is tearing up the league. Hilarious.
-You can have up to 50 friends on the same squad, or "guild." If 24 of them are online at one time, that means your guild can play 4 simultaneous 6-on-6 games and score some major points for your squad. Effing awesome.
-The game rewards knowing your role and playing as a team. Playing pee-wee hockey will get you nowhere. It's what I like to call "the swarm strategy," in which everyone just skates after the puck no matter where they are on the ice. Your team will lose, and your individual player will be marked down.

This is incredible. I recently wrote on The Lukeout that I was a bit upset with Microsoft. But now it appears that I'll have to go ahead and repair my 360 just to get this game. Damn you, EA!! You have revealed me to be a fraud! I mean, what am I supposed to do, buy a PS3? Nobody has a PS3 other than Dan, and he is garbage! All my cool friends have a 360. Thus, I will get it repaired simply for the chance to play NHL '09.

And in the words of Christopher Mintz-Plasse, "It's in!"

No comments:

Post a Comment