Saturday, August 23, 2008

More Information For All You Nerds

Do you love reading? So do I. Do you hate spending $8.99 on a novel that you'll read once at the most? Me, too. It seems that I've stumbled upon a solution, and it is at PaperBack Swap. Basically, you post 10 books that you have in your collection that you would be willing to mail to someone else. By doing so, you immediately earn 2 credits that you can use to get two books. I just created my account a half hour ago and I have a couple books headed to me already(One Hundred Years of Solitude and The Black Ice, in case you had an insatiable desire to know). Every time another member requests one of your books and you mail it over to them, that puts another credit into your account. So all you're paying is the postage necessary to mail one of your books. And it seems that books get requested pretty readily; 3 of my 10 posted books have already garnered interest(Lamb, The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove, and Bringing Down the House, in case you're a creepily curious curmudgeon).

Chances are, if you're a nerd, you already know about PaperBack Swap, but in case you don't, you're welcome. Join up and start reading! Help me take down Borders and slow the pace of Amazon's Kindle!

No comments:

Post a Comment