Saturday, July 12, 2008

It's What I'm Good At

Michael Jordan plays basketball, Emril Legasse cooks… I watch movies. It’s what I’m good at. I have all the necessary skills needed to be a professional movie watcher. I love sitting, I hate books, and my eyes and ears work just fine. And after years and years of studying the wonderful art of film, I’ve concluded one thing…

I know more about movies than you do.

So, being the amazing humanitarian that I am, I feel it is my job to help the world by giving my expert opinion on movies. You’re welcome.

My first official review is going to come sometime after July 18 (The Dark Knight), but I am pleased to provide my thirteen favorite movies in their respective genres, as a start to the blog. And keep in mind that these are all subject to change due to the fact that picking your favorite movie is like picking your favorite child. I’ve changed this list about 30 times already. Enjoy!

Action: The Matrix
Adventure: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Animation: The Incredibles
Comedy: The Big Lebowski
Crime/Gangster: The Godfather
Drama: A Few Good Men
Epics/Historical: Gladiator
Horror: The Silence of the Lambs
Musical: South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (that counts)
Romance: Pride and Prejudice
Science Fiction: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
War: Saving Private Ryan
Western: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

I watch movies. It’s what I’m good at. So just keep telling yourself that Kyle's opinion is always right, and your movie watching days will be more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment